Dr. Matney has implemented more protocol and equipment to safely resume servicing our patients dental needs. We ask anyone who has been in contact with a person who has COVID-19, has symptoms of COVID-19 or has traveled within the past 14 days to please contact our office to reschedule your appointment. In order to protect our patients and staff we have put the following precautions in place:
- Prior to your appointment we will be reaching out with the new screening questionnaire for our patients to complete prior to their appointment.
- We ask you to please wear a face mask to your appointment. If you do not have one, we can provide you with one.
- We ask you to please give us a call when you arrive at our office so we can check you in. Please remain in your car. We will call you when we are ready to see you. Once at the front door of our office, please knock before entering. We have put these procedures in place to limit the amount of people in our waiting room and office. Only the scheduled patient will be allowed to enter the office, unless under the age of 18.
- Waiting Room: At this time we will not be allowing anyone other than the patient (unless they are under the age of 18) in our waiting rooms and exam rooms.
- We have increased the length of appointment times necessary to clean and sterilize the exam rooms between patients.
- Your temperature will be taken by either the Hygienist or Assistant. If your temperature is above 100.F, we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- Our staff will be dressed with more protective wear than usually, (ie; KN95 masks, face shields, isolation gowns).
- At the beginning of your appointment, you will be asked to rinse with a diluted solution of hydrogen peroxide and water, which helps to reduce the level of bacteria in your mouth.
- We ask all our patients to please keep your mask on at all times, until asked to be removed by your provider.
- At this time, our hygienists will not be using any instruments that produce an aerosol. They will only be using their hand instruments.
- Dr. Matney has installed air-purifiers in all rooms that recycles the air every 15 minutes.
Please keep in mind the CDC has noted that older adults (65+)and people who have severe underlying medical conditions such as heart or lung disease, cancer, asthma or diabetes seem to be at a higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness. With this in mind, if you fall into these categories, we strongly suggest postponing your elective (non-urgent) dental appointments until a later date.
We look forward to seeing you soon! Stay safe and healthy.
Dr. David Matney and Staff
Ballston Dental Care